Located at the Waisman Center of University of Wisconsin-Madison, our laboratory is part of the Department of Neuroscience and Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Center. We strive to adapt, develop, and integrate state-of-art approaches to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying neurogenesis and neuronal development.
Contact Phone: (608) 890-4392
Hot New Publications!
- Li M, Zhao H, Ananiev, GE, Musser M, Ness K, Maglaque D, Saha K, Bhattacharyya, A*., and Zhao, X* (*, co-correspondence). Establishment of reporter lines for detecting fragile X mental retardation (FMR1) gene reactivation in human neural cells. 2016 Stem Cells (in press)
- Li Y, Stockton ME, Bhuiyan I, Eisinger BE, Yu Gao Y, Bhattacharyya A, and Zhao X. MDM2 Inhibition rescues neurogenic and cognitive deficits in fragile X mice Science Translational Medicine April 27 2016. (see news release April 27 2016)
- Gao Y*, Wang F*, Eisinger BE*, Kelnhofer LE, Jobe EM, Zhao X. “Integrative Single-Cell Transcriptomics Reveals Molecular Networks Defining Neuronal Maturation during Postnatal Neurogenesis.” Cerebral Cortex. (2016, March 17).
* contributed equally. (see News release March 172016)
Hot New Award!
- Laurel Kelnhofer (UW Biochemistry junior) is awarded Hilldale Fellowship for undergraduate research. Congratulations!